7 Things You Never Knew You Didn’t Know About Me
And so it happens… I’ve been tagged again. Well, three times actually. My taggers include the likes of:
Stephen at the Rat Race Trap
Ron at the Wisdom Journal
Steven at Hundred Goals
I personally enjoy reading (and subscribing) to each of their sites so I wanted to return the favor by participating in this meme. This is my second meme, you can read the first on here. I’ve tried to be a pretty open book on my site but I’ll give it my best to surprise you.
But first, here are the rules:
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post – check, see here and above
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post – check, see below
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs – check, see below below
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged – check, but you’ll just have to trust me
7 Things You Never Knew You Didn’t Know About Me… here goes, BTW, the first entry will establish a loose theme for this edition of my meme
1) On Tuesday of last week (May 19) I accepted a new job. If you’ve been following along you’ve noticed that I recently accepted a buyout and that I’ve been on the job search. That search recently ended and I’m very much looking forward to beginning this next phase of my career.
2) With this new job, I’ll get to sleep in my own bed every night. For the first 12 plus years of my career I traveled almost exclusively. I’ve had some local projects and some time between projects but most of my career has entailed weekly travel – out Monday mornings and back Thursday or Friday nights.
3) My job-related travels have enabled me to work and meet people in many great places. I’ve participated on projects in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Dublin (Ireland), Canterbury (England), Dorado (Puerto Rico), Morpeth (England), Holland (MI), Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Parsippany, Hartford, Louisville, Kingston (TN), Atlanta, St. Louis, Washington, DC, Terre Haute, Brooklyn, Groton, Wilmington, and I’m sure several other cities that are not coming straight to mind.
4) Travel has its perks, and I’ve enjoyed several cool (and “sponsored”) events that I would have missed had I not been such a road warrior. Teams I’ve seen play in their home venues include: Yankees, Orioles, Phillies, Pirates (best stadium in baseball), Nets, 76ers, Ducks, Braves, Louisville Bats. Other cool sites on the road include Dorado Beach, Liberty Bell, Anheuser Busch brewery tour, Louisville Slugger factory tour, West Coast Choppers, Matt Hotch Choppers, Chico Choppers, Churchill Downs, Catalina Island, Atlantic City, Times Square, Dave Letterman Show, Madison Square Garden, many many great steak houses, and a great cigar bar in Philly.
5) I graduated from the University of Alabama and moved to St. Louis for my first job. I earned both my undergrad and graduate degrees in Tuscaloosa and joined a big 4 consultancy’s St. Louis based location after school. I lived there about 2 years before transferring to Atlanta. I stayed with this employer for the first 12+ years of my career… which makes my new (soon to start) job only the second stop in my career.
6) More information about my career is available on my LinkedIn profile. I’ve made a point of not talking in too specific terms about my employers and career in this forum. This is a decision I’ve made to foster a separation but not because I have anything to hide. I have a LinkedIn badge on the bottom right of this (and every) page that links to my profile homepage. Feel free to check it out and add me to your network if you’d like.
7) I want a passive income stream. I guess that’s not a real surprise, who wouldn’t want a passive income stream? But what you may not know is that I have 3 eBook ideas and 1 great marketing/advertising idea in my head. My challenge is getting them moving beyond the conceptual phase.
Phew, so that wasn’t so bad. Now I have to tag 7 new folks to keep this thing alive. Ok, here’s what I want to do – to add a little spin to it. Rather than tagging 7 folks that I already know pretty well. I’m going to identify 7 bloggers whom I’ve only recently bumped into via comments or shared links but whom I’d like to get to know better. Here goes….
The Digerati Life
Enemy of Debt
The Financial Dad
Prime Time Money
Your Turn – If you enjoyed this article, I would personally appreciate it if you would consider commenting below and/or subscribing to our Free Updates via email or RSS updates. Thanks!